HDSB Trustees Host Education OED14 Debates:
Education Day 2014 – provincial candidates meetings scheduled for May 26 in Milton, May 27 in Burlington and Oakville
Government policies affect the world our children and youth will inherit tomorrow, and they affect their opportunities to get a good education today. The Provincial government decides what is taught in our schools and how much of our Provincial taxes are used to pay for education. The future of Ontario depends on high quality, publicly-funded education. This affects you – whether or not you have children in the school system.
Burlington Trustee Jennifer Hlusko, Milton Trustee Donna Danielli, and Oakville Trustee Don Vrooman with the support of the Halton District School Board and the Ontario Public School Boards Association have organized Provincial Candidates Meetings in three of the four ridings in the Region of Halton:
- Nelson High School, 4181 New Street, Burlington
- Tuesday, May 27, 2014; Doors Open: 6:30pm, Debate: 7:00pm, Finishes at 9:00pm
- Moderated by: Ken Boichuk, Retired Teacher, Nelson HS
- Organized by Jennifer Hlusko
- Hugh Foster Hall, 141 King Street, Milton
- Monday, May 26, 2014; Doors Open: 6:30pm, Debate: 7:00pm
- Moderated by: Ian Jones, Retired Principal, Milton District HS
- Organized by Donna Danielli
- White Oaks Secondary School, 1330 Montclair Drive, Oakville
- Tuesday, May 27, 2014; Doors Open: 6:30pm, Debate: 7:00pm
- Moderated by: Hamish Guthrie, White Oaks SS Debate Coach
- Organized by Don Vrooman
More information regarding Ontario Education Day Debates may be found here: www.opsba.org
Education is the second largest investment your elected representatives in the Ontario Legislature make for their communities through the Provincial Budget. These candidate meetings in Oakville, Milton, and Burlington next week provide stakeholders the opportunity to ask candidates how their parties’ education platforms will come home to roost in the Region of Halton. Debates will be kicked off with three or four questions selected from suggestions made this week by parents, students, staff, and community members across the Region. Attendees will also have the opportunity to hear candidates respond to public questions submitted at each meeting.
Before you make your X on June 12th take this opportunity to speak up and ask questions.
For more information or to suggest a question for the candidates, please contact your local Public School Board Trustee, or one of the organizers:
- Jennifer Hlusko, Burlington Ward 6
905-691-0292, email@example.com, www.jenniferhlusko.ca, twitter.com/JenniferHlusko
- Donna Danielli, Milton Wards 2, 3, 4 & 5
905-854-6339, firstname.lastname@example.org, twitter.com/DonnaDanielli
- Don Vrooman, Oakville Wards 1&2
905-827-2219, email@example.com, www.wofos.ca
Watch Ontario Education Day 2014 trend up at #OED14 on Twitter.
Oakville Beaver | May 21, 2014